Saturday, November 22, 2008

I thought I had KIDS not ADULTS!!!

SO... we're driving down I-65, me (Shana) and Sydney and Ally.
Then out of the clear blue sky drops this conversation:

Sydney to Mommy: "So, did John McCain just go back to his regular life?"
Mommy to Sydney (slightly amazed at this question): "Yes, he is still a senator in Washington DC." (Background: They had a mock election at their school)

Ally to Sydney (Mommy now excluded, Ally very serious and matter of fact): "Didn't you vote for Rock Obama?"
Sydney to Ally: "No, I voted for John McCain. Daddy voted for Barak Obama."
Ally to Sydney (now getting the name right): "Oh, I thought you voted for Barak Obama."
Sydney to Ally (equally serious and perfectly comfortable with this conversation): "Me and mommy voted for John McCain, and Daddy voted for Barak Obama."
Ally: "Oh, ok... Daddy won!"

1 comment:

Shana, Stacy and Pamela said...

That's too crazy! My kids vote on apple juice or orange juice!